[imp] Hide text/plain download link

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Aug 1 22:51:05 UTC 2011

Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:

> On 7/27/11 1:29 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:

>>> In my opinion, this should be smaller or in the top right corner.
>>> It is too in your face currently and confuses some people.  For
>>> instance it is at the top of every daily agenda.  The format of
>>> the daily agenda is really nice and visually appealing and the
>>> text part message takes away from that.  Anyone agree/disagree?
>>> Would this be worth adding as an enhancement request?
>>
>> But how else would you indicate that you can download that part?
>> Or view that part in another window.  There can't be a "global"
>> download or view button for the entire message, since there may be
>> more than one message part.
>> michael
>> ___________________________________
>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>>
> Maybe we are not talking about the same thing and/or maybe there is
> no good solution but I just opened my daily agenda in imp and first
> thing I see is a large yellow box with a red stop sign and a message
> that says "This part contains an attachment that can not be
> displayed within this part: Text part 4KB".  Could the basic user be
> thinking what the heck is a part and this looks like a serious
> message with the red stop sign?

This is a broken e-mail message.  IMP should be commended because it
can figure this out.  See:
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/9827

>  Perhaps they are also thinking why is it talking about an
> attachment for the daily agenda when there is no file attached?
> Maybe if the link was top right instead of top left?  Maybe the word
> part could be changed to something more obvious?  I just tried a
> different user and I see their warning is a red exclamation point.
> I am using the Mozilla theme and it looks much more like a stop
> sign.  If possible I think a less in your face message would be
> nice?  Maybe there is nothing wrong with the way it is and I am nit
> picking?

I would agree that this problem (a broken e-mail message) is better
indicated as a "warning" status message rather than an "error" status
message.  This has been changed for IMP 5.0.9.

michael