[imp] Controlling the reply in IMP 5

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 18 20:03:35 UTC 2011

Zitat von D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>
>> This has never existed in the dynamic view.  This existed only in the
>> standard view (and continues to exist in the standard view).
>>
>> If you are saying that the current UI is not clear enough in presenting
>> these selections, we are always open to suggestions.
>
> I just realized this was only happening in dimp, while imp has
> remained the same.
> Wasn't sure what I was in as it selected Automatic mode in Horde 4's login.
>
> Anyway, I think that is it: make IMP's Reply the model to follow.
> In DIMP, have a mouseover event when selecting Reply and one can then
> click on Reply To All or Reply To Sender.  Then the user is engaged in
> making the selection, no matter what the IQ level, alertness level
> or attention span of the user.

Picking a menu item from a submenu popping up on a mouseover (and
disappearing again if you mouseout) is an unacceptable behavior for
such a central functionality.

> Fixing it after is just not the same.  It would be like getting into a
> car, discovering
> it is the wife's car and trying again.  Makes more sense to just get into
> the car I want the first time.

No, it's completely different, because you don't have to change the
cars. You hit the big yellow button, and your wife's cool transformer
car turns into your own without even having to change the seats.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/