[imp] No Floating Menu for Administration options.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Sep 8 08:26:58 UTC 2011

Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> Hi
>
> I think I've configured something wrong, broken something or have a
> flag left over from H3 that is causing an issue.
>
> When I log in I get a blue bar across the top with:
>
> Home		Preferences		Problem		Help		Logout
>
> I get a lighter blue bar on the left with a rounded corner
> containing (collapsed menu items):
>
> Horde
> Mail
> Organizing (despite UK English selected at login)

There is no UK English translation. The language setting is only used
for locale-specific formatting. You can contribute one if you want to.

> Administration
> Preferences
> Logout
>
> Obviously, some of these are redundant, but that's not my issue.
>
> The main portion of the screen is then the Horde Portal and blocks
> (I only have 2).
>
> If I click on Mail (or Inbox if the menu isn't collapsed), I end up
> with no blue bar across the top (I think this is the new default,
> it's not there in Kronolith, it is there in Turba, Mnemo and Nag).
> I now have a light grey bar on the left that goes all the way down
> the screen, but does not contain Organisation or Administration menu
> items.  It does contain Horde, Mail, Filters, Calendar, Notes and
> Tasks, because I added them to the menu configuration tab in IMP.

Don't add Horde.

> However, even if I now click on Horde, I'm returned to the Portal
> page, blue bar still at the top (although now not all the way across
> the top) and the IMP/grey menu bar on the left side of the screen
> all the way down.  Therefore to get to Administration items, I have
> to either go back with the browser until I reach the page just after
> login, or log out and log back in.  Surely that light blue bar with
> the rounded corner should always be there?

No.

> Note, if I go to Kronolith from login and use the drop down menu to
> get back to the Portal page then the bar is still there.

The same happens if you use the Portal link in IMP.

> How can I fix this and what are the plans to standardise the look
> and feel, because at the moment it looks like only some apps are
> upgraded.

I does not only look like it, it is the matter of fact.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/