[imp] No Floating Menu for Administration options.

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Thu Sep 8 14:29:42 UTC 2011

Really?  I'm surprised.  As soon as I get this set up finished and working I'll make one.

> > Administration
> > Preferences
> > Logout
> >
> > Obviously, some of these are redundant, but that's not my issue.
> >
> > The main portion of the screen is then the Horde Portal and blocks
> (I
> > only have 2).
> >
> > If I click on Mail (or Inbox if the menu isn't collapsed), I end up
> > with no blue bar across the top (I think this is the new default,
> > it's not there in Kronolith, it is there in Turba, Mnemo and Nag).
> > I now have a light grey bar on the left that goes all the way down
> the
> > screen, but does not contain Organisation or Administration menu
> > items.  It does contain Horde, Mail, Filters, Calendar, Notes and
> > Tasks, because I added them to the menu configuration tab in IMP.
>
> Don't add Horde.

How else to get to the portal though?  And in fact, this was added by default.   I had to manually add the others.

> > However, even if I now click on Horde, I'm returned to the Portal
> > page, blue bar still at the top (although now not all the way
> across
> > the top) and the IMP/grey menu bar on the left side of the screen
> all
> > the way down.  Therefore to get to Administration items, I have to
> > either go back with the browser until I reach the page just after
> > login, or log out and log back in.  Surely that light blue bar with
> > the rounded corner should always be there?
>
> No.

How to get to the administration menu then?

> > Note, if I go to Kronolith from login and use the drop down menu to
> > get back to the Portal page then the bar is still there.
>
> The same happens if you use the Portal link in IMP.

The issue I'm trying to report is that is what I would expect - but not what I'm seeing.  I can send you screenshots if you like (though to you only, since the list won't take them over 25kb).

> > How can I fix this and what are the plans to standardise the look
> and
> > feel, because at the moment it looks like only some apps are
> upgraded.
>
> I does not only look like it, it is the matter of fact.

Well, I think it the new look and feel looks great.  Is there a time-line on Turba joining Kronolith and IMP as the new look?

Thanks again.

Simon