[imp] SMTP-Error when redirecting Mail

Hanns Mattes hanns at hannsmattes.de
Thu Sep 8 10:56:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

trying to redirect am Mail (the Menu-Entry is labelled "umleiten" in the
german translation I use), I get an error:

,----[ /var/log/mail ]
| Sep 6 12:31:26 mail postfix/smtpd[5572]: warning: proxy localhost:10028
| rejected "MAIL FROM:<<hanns at hannsmattes.de>>": "501 5.5.2 Syntax: MAIL
| FROM:<address>"
`----

The content-filter, amavisd running in proxy-mode, is complaining 'bout
the double "<<" angel brackets in the MAIL FROM, 'cause afaics this
violates RFC821.

Is the additional bracket caused by a configuration error in my
IMP-installation, or a client-side bug in IMP?

If this has been addressed before - sorry for the noise, but a quick
search revealed no results.

Regards

Hanns