[imp] Problem with H4 IMP Dynamic mode

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:10:39 UTC 2011

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
> I installed H4 and was testing it.  All seems good in traditional
> mode.  I can use traditional mode IMP
>   without any problems at all.  But, as soon as I switch to Dynamic
> Mode, IMP can no longer access my inbox.
>
>   Authentication via IMP still works, sending still works (I'm
> sending this message via H4 IMP in dynamic mode),
>   but when I try to see my inbox it pops the following errors on the screen:
>
>   Error when communicating with the server.
>   Error when communicating with the server.
>   The server was unable to generate the message list.
>   The server was unable to generate the message list.
>
>   The only error log entry I can find is from apache, which complains:
>
>   PHP Fatal error:  session_start() [<a
> href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to
> initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in
> /httpd/horde4/pear/php/Horde/Session.php on line 150, referer:
> https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/test/imp/
>
>   Any ideas what could be causing this problem in Dynamic but not
> Traditional IMP?
>
>   --
>   Eric Rostetter
>   The Department of Physics
>   The University of Texas at Austin
>
>   I still find each day too short for all the thoughts
>   I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books
>   I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
>   - John Burroughs
>
>   --

I believe what Eric is describing is pretty close to what I reported via
Ticket 10503 (http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10503)

Meanwhile, my apache error log says the following:
[Thu Sep 22 18:07:19 2011] [error] [client 192.XXX.XXX.XXX] PHP Fatal
error:  Cannot use string offset as an array in
/usr/lib/php/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2089, referer:
http://192.XXX.XXX.XXX/horde4/imp/

Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
    Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux