[imp] IMAP errors on Android Browser

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Sep 29 21:32:36 UTC 2011

Quoting Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

>> Quoting Oscar Gala y Hondema <ogala at jinfo.nl>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have the same problem with the mobile (smartphone) mode. I did
>>> the changes
>>> to both files from the full commit link below.
>>> I can now see the inbox, but still get the error using the mobile
>>> (smartphone) mode when I try to vie an email.
>>>
>>> Are there any other files that need to be changed aside from the two in the
>>> commit link?
>>
>> Yes - see my previous followup message.
>>
>> michael
>>
> Hi Micheal,
>
> You said: "There's most likely other changes in IMP_Ajax_Application
> that also affect this behavior then."
>
> The thing is, I searched my whole system and cannot find a file
> called IMP_Ajax_Application.  I saw that it was referenced in
> /var/www/horde/imp/lib/Ajax/Application.php... so I expected to find
> it under /usr/share/php/Horde somewhere... but I don't.  And... I
> couldn't find anything on the git web page either.
>
> Can you clarify a bit more?

imp/lib/Ajax/Application.php

However, a bunch has changed since 5.0.13.  My guess is that unless
you apply every patch since the last version has released (up-to-date
patch can be retrieved from the base of a horde git checkout by using
this command: git diff imp-5.0.13.. imp/), you might have issues.
This current issue relates back to a much larger issue regarding both
suhosin and IE9 javascript null character handling, so a bunch of code
has been changed in the last few months to workaround these issues.

In other words, this is an incremental fix rather than an all-in-one,
point-me-to-a-single-patch fix.

michael