[imp] How do I set the IMAP server when the server list is hidden?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 24 16:54:06 UTC 2011

Quoting Pro Green European <pro_green_european at yahoo.com>:

>> It is now 'imp_server_key'.  And you need to pass the name of the
>> backend you want to use (array key in backends.php), not a hostname.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> However, when I set this:
>
> $conf['server']['server_list'] = 'hidden';
>
> then I cannot connect to any secondary servers I've specified in
> IMP's backends.php file:

That's by design.  You can't hide the server list but then give users
a way to circumvent that by using URL parameters.  That's a security
loophole: it makes the value of server_list irrelevant.

You will probably need to do some kind of workaround by dynamically
setting the 'preferred' parameter in backends.php based on URL
parameters.

michael