[imp] How is Virtual Trash set up in IMP 5?

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:11:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>:
>
>> Looking through the preferences and config UI, can't see how Virtual
>> Trash is enabled.   I've seen how to set it as the trash, but that
>> won't create or enable it. There is an IMAP error if I only point the
>> preference to Virtual Trash.
>>
>> This is all I have to go by, and I don't understand what other values
>> it could be assigned :
>>
>> $_prefs['vfolder'] = array(
>>    // By default, Virtual Inbox is enabled and Virtual Trash is disabled.
>>    // 'value' => serialize(array())
>>    'value' => 'a:0:{}'
>> );
>> --
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizingPreferences 3rd paragraph.

OK, copy the settings out of what appears in the database.  Fine.  But
how do I set up a Virtual Trash for my user?  If I assign my trash to
be Virtual Trash, after deleting an item I get:

'The folder "Virtual Trash" was not created. This is what the server
said: IMAP error: Permission denied'

What am I missing?  It is something in the backends file for what we
support over IMAP?  I can create regular IMAP folders.  I have
searched "Virtual Folder" in the wiki, and in the config files, etc.
I'm stumped.