[imp] Composition and PDF attachments

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Wed Nov 30 23:53:57 UTC 2011

On 30 November 2011 18:38, cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

>> my

>> fine

>> clicking

>> always opens

>> address bar

>> renders.

>> or

>> with

>> the

>> need

>> serializing.

>> draft)

>> and

>> box

>> linux

>> more

>> get

>> least

>> and

>>> Hi simon,
>>>
>>> He said: "...but it was fixed for 5.0.15", which refers to Imp, which is
>>
>> most current.  I'm current on all horde apps as of today.  I don't think
>> this bug is the same thing I'm viewing anyway, since it seems to apply
>> only
>> to Linux FF/Acroread.
>>>

>>> I have tried every setting regarding pdfs on firefox that I can think of,
>>
>> tried switching to okular, tried setting it to open PDF files with the
>> acroread program (not the plugin), I even set it to "Save File"... nothing
>> works. I get that blank screen every time.
>>>

>>> There is something very different about that link.  Every other pdf on
>>
>> the web works (an any of the configs I mentioned), but not this horde
>> link.
>>  There is something different going on with it, I cannot even right click
>> it and choose "save link location" like a normal link.
>>
>> Sorry.  Saw that too late.
>>
>> Have you tried cute-pdf plugin?
>>
>> Simon
>> --
>

> No worries simon.  Are you sure that is a linux app?  I don't see it in
> portage, and I didn't see any indication of linux on the web page... and, it
> looks like they want $... I'm not willing to pay for a pdf reader...

Sorry.  Bad day.  I use the Nitro PDF plugin on FF on Ubuntu.

But when I do this, I don't have a problem.

::  Create new message
::  Add PDF
:: Click on link
:: Save As/Open box appears
::  Select Open and it works fine.

Admitedly I'm not using Adobe Reader.  What about using the default
Document Reader to try and read it?  Although I'm not getting a new
window (which you said you were getting)..  Sounds to me like FF might
not like your PDF application preference.

Simon