[imp] Composition and PDF attachments

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Thu Dec 1 02:39:53 UTC 2011

>> No worries simon.  Are you sure that is a linux app?  I don't see it in
>> portage, and I didn't see any indication of linux on the web page... and, it
>> looks like they want $... I'm not willing to pay for a pdf reader...
>

> Sorry.  Bad day.  I use the Nitro PDF plugin on FF on Ubuntu.
>
> But when I do this, I don't have a problem.
>
> ::  Create new message
> ::  Add PDF
> :: Click on link
> :: Save As/Open box appears
> ::  Select Open and it works fine.
>
> Admitedly I'm not using Adobe Reader.  What about using the default
> Document Reader to try and read it?  Although I'm not getting a new
> window (which you said you were getting)..  Sounds to me like FF might
> not like your PDF application preference.
>
> Simon

Heh, no problem. Hope your day perks up!

Anyway, I found the problem... sorta.  I removed these folders and all
of their contents ~/.adobe/Acrobat ~/.mozilla/firefox -- and now it
works.  There was something in my profile that it simply did not like.
  So, now I got to rebuild my firefox, piece by piece (maybe an addon
was screwing with it, I don't know), and maybe I'll find the exact
culprit... maybe... maybe not, I'm just glad to have it working again!

Thanks Simon (and michael!)

-Chris