[imp] Implement Security Code in Compose Page

michel at casa.co.cu michel at casa.co.cu
Mon Dec 5 11:36:26 UTC 2011

Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> escribió:

> Citeren michel at casa.co.cu:
>
>> I've had problems in my network, since users use very weak
>> passwords and sometimes tend to respond emails where they ask for
>> your password, in order to use their email accounts to bombard
>> servers like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail, with messages spam, as
>> spammers putting on black lists.
>
> Have you already set limits on the number of messages users can send
> per hour/day? Typically, when an account is compromised, it will be
> used to send way more messages than you'll find for a normal user
> account. Setting a limit of 100 recipients per hour will be
> sufficient for almost all users. Only those that have a legitimate
> reason to send more messages get higher limits here, but the default
> is fairly low.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Hi Arjen

I i going to set that in IMP config, and maybe set a limit to for the
# of destination per message.

Thanks for the suggestion, i am going to implement today, but i think
at the best for stop the spammer is implement captcha system in
compose window.

This three options, fix all the problem.

Thanks
Michel