[imp] Improving IMP message load times

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Dec 15 01:01:23 UTC 2011

Quoting Mat Cantin <mat at cantinbrothers.ca>:

> On 12/14/2011 04:30 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> You're not using imapproxy in IMP.  Looks like your configuration
>> settings are incorrect.
>
> I've set the imap port in the imp/config/backend.php to use port
> 1143, which is what the imapproxy service is running on. Is there
> something else I need to configure here?

Don't edit imp/config/backends.php.  You should edit backends.local.php

> I can see the imapproxyd catching login/logout in the mail.log,
> which used to be recorded in the dovecot.log, just like you said.
> Also, stopping the imapproxy service prevents Horde IMP users from
> login on.
>
> Maybe there's something in the config for imapproxy.conf. I read
> through it and didn't really change any of the default settings...

The first line in your IMAP log is:

(1323907082.5436) S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+
LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.

If imapproxy is running, it would be:

(1323907082.5436) S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+
LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=LOGIN XIMAPPROXY] Dovecot ready.

That's all we can do to debug from this side.

Also, please make sure you are running version 1.2.7 or greater
(actually, 1.2.8-svn is highly recommended since it contains several
important fixes).

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]