[imp] smime support in Horde 4.0

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Dec 23 17:00:48 UTC 2011

On 23 December 2011 11:32, Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr> wrote:
> On 23/12/2011 5:26 μμ, Simon Brereton wrote:
>
>> Okay, but previously your Horde logs wouldn't have had a specific
>> error because ssl wasn't configured.  Does it now?
>

> Thanks Simon,
>
> No, nothing pertinent is logged.
>
> By the way, I have:
>
>   $conf['log']['type'] = 'syslog';
>   $conf['log']['name'] = LOG_USER;
>
> and this fills my /var/log/messages with horde logging.
>
> Can we configure in Horde a particular syslog facility, like local6, so I
> can direct logging to a particular file?
>
> I tried adding in syslog.conf:
>
>   local6.*                                      /var/log/horde.log
>
> and then configuring:
>
>   $conf['log']['name'] = 'local6';

If you want to log to file there is an easier way to do that.  From
what I know of syslog your approach should work.  But I would just say
go to the logging tab in Horde Administration and change the log type
to file,  You might also like to change the log-level temporarily to
debug your SMIME issue.

Make sure the file (path and location) are writeable by your web-server user.

Simon