[imp] Login Screen customization and display of auxiliary content

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 29 02:25:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 17:07 +0200, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to customize the webmail login screen, adding a top logo
> and some more or less permanent (rarely changing)
> announcements/information at the bottom.
>
> Is there an easy way of doing this?
>
> Alternatively/Additionally, is there a plugin (or similar) to run some
> kind of mini-portal which would allow the display of mixed content and
> incorporate the login form? That would ideally include a back-office to
> manage the portal content.
>
> I guess another approach would be to install/use a standard portal
> system, like Joomla and incorporate the horde login form (is there any
> howto)?
>
> I would prefer the simplest of the above solutions.
----
I think you will find some useful info on authentication to Horde
here...

http://wiki.horde.org/HowTo?referrer=Wiki%%2FHome

I don't recall discussions about login screen customizing on H4 but the
code should be fairly well confined.

As for an MOTD implementation, I used to use wicked and force users to a
horde portal that includes the wicked page upon login but that is heavy
handed and perhaps with H4 there's a simpler solution of which I am
unaware.

Craig

believed to be clean.