[imp] Forwarding attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jan 24 01:51:48 UTC 2012

Quoting Alex May <alex at maymay.de>:

> If I forward the original message as an attachment, some users can't
> open the attachment and therefore can't get to the attachments.

Huh?  If a mail user agent cannot read a message/rfc822 part, it is
BADLY broken.  This is one of the basic MIME parts as defined in the
original RFC document.  And this is the correct (and only) way to
FORWARD a message - meaning the receiving party receives the exact
same message as the sender originally received.

> The only option offered by Outlook and therefore the option that
> most users expect is that when they hit forward, the original
> message text appears in the body of the new message and the original
> attachments are available to send with it as separate attachments.

Uh, no.  This is *not* FORWARDING the message.  This is using the old
message as a template.  That is what Edit As New is for.

michael