[imp] problem with QUOTA part (this solves: Re: Mailbox list error in dynamic view)

Fri Feb 10 10:20:15 UTC 2012

Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> (from Thu, 09
Feb 2012 16:56:36 +0100):

> Hi,
>
> in the referenced bugreport (I copy and paste my report below, so
> that people which haven't seen it do not have to go hunting for the
> report) I was told to update libxml/php. Well... I have the most
> recent versions of them, any other suggestions?

There is a regression in Imap_Client 1.4.2 regarding the handling of
problems with the QUOTA backend.

What I did:

I downgraded pear-Horde-Imap_Client from 1.4.2 to 1.3.2 and it works OK.

I still see the json error in the horde.log:
---snip---
2012-02-10T11:08:14+01:00 WARN: HORDE [imp] PHP ERROR: json_encode():
Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument [pid 78886 on line 242 of
"/usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Serialize.php"]
---snip---
Not related to the problem, but this error message is not helpful, it
would be nice zhich seauence and from where.

With the old Imap_Client I got messages about the server not
supporting the QUOTA feature. I was playing around with IMAP QUOTA
support in my config before the update of the Imap_Client part. My
IMAP server does not support the QUOTA command, and with Imap-Client
1.3.2 it was logging this fact but didn't fail to display the mailbox
list. With Imap_Client 1.4.2 and no quota stuff in the config, the
mailbox list is displayed correctly too, so the update from
Imap_Client 1.3.2 to 1.4.2 contains a regression in that this error
message is not correctly logged with a graceful fallback in operation,
but it fails with an unhelpful message and breaks IMAP access.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The amount of flak received on any subject is inversely
proportional to the subject's true value.