[imp] migrating users from traditional to dynamic interface (message deletion)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 15 21:13:56 UTC 2012

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

>>> Design-wise I agree. I was wondering if it could make sense to
>>> push a notification saying how many messages were selected. But
>>> somehow I assume there are reasons that disallow this :)
>>
>> A notification message?  That seems a bit extreme for an action as
>> basic as selecting messages.  I don't want to see a notification
>> every time I open a message that says "You have opened a message!".
>>  Not tremendously useful.  Notification messages are generally for
>> things that happened outside of the view/knowledge of the user.
>
> How about the highlighting that I just added to develop? This could
> even be added to more focused events, i.e. only when really
> selecting all messages.

I personally find this very annoying.  At a minimum it should be
limited to the '# messages' part of the text, rather than the entire
DIV.  Especially since the info graphic disappears/reappears every
time a message is selected.  And it should not be highlighted when a
message is deselected (i.e. after reading a message and deleting it).

michael