[imp] reply to galore..

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:26:10 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm still stuck with some bad behaviours about replies. That's a pity we
don't have a prefs to get rid of auto mode. I am obliged to patch the code
and we are a lot annoyed but the reply-to-all behaviour.

I try to understand:
Here is the header:

From: <mlievre at xx.com>
To: "'sympa-fr at cr.fr'" <sympa-fr at cr.fr>,
        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=27Ga=EBl__=27?= <Gael at ds.fr>
no reply_to, and some List-xxx lines about sympa-fr

1. If I try reply (so auto), it replies to the list (not all in fact)
so sympa-fr at cr.fr
2. If I choose reply to list, that's the same
3. If I choose sender, it replies to sympa-fr at cr.fr, mlievre at xx.com
4. If I choose reply to all, it replies to sympa-fr at cr.fr and cc Gael at ds.fr

4: it forgot to reply tomlievre at xx.com
3: should have replied to mlievre at xx.com

That's a nightmare, as it's a little bit randomized..
Most of our sympa mailing lists can be configured whith
reply_to_sender or reply_to_list. I allways choose reply_to_sender to
configure
We have some big lists to send information as newsletters, it's non
sense to reply to list.

It seems that something has changed recently and introduce some bug.
The point 3 behaviour is tricky and 4 is forgetting somebody
We can't stay with the fact that reply to sender is not working
correctly! -> from or reply_to and NOTHING ELSE!

Dom

--
Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux