[imp] Wipe provisioned activesync device?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Mar 25 17:51:37 UTC 2012

Quoting Terry Carmen <terry at cnysupport.com>:

> Does anybody know specifically what "Wipe provisioned activesync
> device" will wipe?
>
> If a phone is stolen, does it wipe the SIM Card? SDCard? Phone memory?

This completely depends on the device/client. For example, iOS devices
using the native ActiveSync support will be *completely* wiped to
factory default. Early android devices did not wipe anything, recent
android devices will also be completely wiped. If using a third party
application like e.g., TouchDown for Exchange - it's _likely_ only the
application's data will be wiped (and this is indeed what TouchDown
does).

> Has anybody actually tried this?

Yes, numerous times, while developing this feature.

I've wiped my sacrificial iPod Touch and older Android devices too
many times to count. I've also (accidently) wiped my day-to-day Galaxy
Nexus once...

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)