[imp] Wipe provisioned activesync device?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Mar 25 18:01:54 UTC 2012

> Quoting Terry Carmen <terry at cnysupport.com>:
>
>> Does anybody know specifically what "Wipe provisioned activesync
>> device" will wipe?
>>
>> If a phone is stolen, does it wipe the SIM Card? SDCard? Phone memory?
>
> This completely depends on the device/client. For example, iOS
> devices using the native ActiveSync support will be *completely*
> wiped to factory default. Early android devices did not wipe
> anything, recent android devices will also be completely wiped. If
> using a third party application like e.g., TouchDown for Exchange -
> it's _likely_ only the application's data will be wiped (and this is
> indeed what TouchDown does).

Actually, I should correct myself here, this does not wipe the SIM
card, and in some cases (i.e. Android) SD card contents are not wiped.
When I say wiped to factory settings, I'm talking about only the
phone/device's internal memory only. All the devices I have tested the
SIM data was not wiped, i.e., the phone itself would still work after
it was rebooted.

mrubinsk at horde.org