[imp] Attachment icon missing

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 7 19:25:36 UTC 2012

Quoting Claude Tompers <claude.tompers at restena.lu>:

> On 06/07/2012 09:18 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting Claude Tompers <claude.tompers at restena.lu>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've got complaints from some users that the attachment icon is not
>>> always shown in the mail list.
>>> In at least one case, I could reproduce this. Is this a known issue ?
>>
>> No.  Please read the archives.  The short answer is that what users
>> think are attachments are NOT attachments - they are instead part
>> of a MIME container element.
>>
>> michael
> In this specific case it was a pdf document. I guess that one should
> be an attachment ?

No.  It is probably a part of a multipart/alternative container.  So
it is, by definition, NOT an attachment (since multipart/alternative
parts can NEVER contain attachments - that's why they are
multipart/alternative).

The message was probably sent from Apple Mail.  Which is known to be
terribly broken when it comes to e-mail.

michael