[imp] Attachment icon missing

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Fri Jun 8 07:12:40 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 09:25 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Claude Tompers <claude.tompers at restena.lu>:

>>> No.  Please read the archives.  The short answer is that what users
>>> think are attachments are NOT attachments - they are instead part of
>>> a MIME container element.
>>>
>>> michael
>> In this specific case it was a pdf document. I guess that one should
>> be an attachment ?
>
> No.  It is probably a part of a multipart/alternative container.  So
> it is, by definition, NOT an attachment (since multipart/alternative
> parts can NEVER contain attachments - that's why they are
> multipart/alternative).
>
> The message was probably sent from Apple Mail.  Which is known to be
> terribly broken when it comes to e-mail.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

Hi Michael,

You guessed right, multipart/alternative and sent with Apple Mail.
Thanks for the explanations.
I have just one remaining question. Why not displaying this like an
attachment since it is on from a standard user's point of view.
Aren't other mail client's doing this too ? (thinking of Thunderbird for
example)

kind regards,
Claude

--