[imp] Per user mailer

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:41:09 UTC 2012

Em 11/06/12 17:10, Arnold Krille escreveu:
> On 11.06.2012 21:00, Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos wrote:
>> I´m sorry I was not specific. The scneraio I´m thinking is a very small
>> organization (5 users) using Horde. This organization uses google apps
>> for email. Google apps does not allow you to setup a single SMTP server
>> account for all the users or, better saying, it allows you to do so, but
>> then every email sent through the SMTP will have as sender the account
>> you used to login to the gmail SMTP, regardless of the user that has
>> actually sent the email.
> You can configure one account with all your users email-addresses as
> aliases in googlemail. then using that one "sending account" your
> central postfix/horde can use one setting for all users.
Nice, thanks for the tip. Actually, what will fit for my need is the
"custom From:" feature provided by google mail:

https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=pt-BR&answer=22370

This way I can leave the "alias" feature off and still use the account
as a central sending for all the users and, thus, I can completely drop
postfix and use just the gmail SMTP in Horde/Configurarion/Mailer. Much
simpler.
> Or you just use your domains smtp-relay...
>
> Have fun,
Thanks a lot!
> Arnold

Luis Felipe