[imp] purpose of msword driver setting in horde/mime_drivers.php

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Jun 26 10:14:51 UTC 2012

Dear List,

I am still not convinced about not having an idea of attachment
preview in read only mode with local installed software (which exists
in H3/IMP4). I am unable to see the images stored in documents using
abiword driver.

Leaving aside that,

What is the purpose of disabling the msword driver?  If I disable, it
will not use abiword driver, right.  In that case, for msword files,
preview option itself should get disabled.  Why should I get a link at
all to preview, if driver is disabled?

This was not the case in H3/IMP4. If driver is disabled, it was
allowing local application to be opened in read only mode, which is
the desired way of handling.

Anyway, some how, developers are not getting convinced on this and
nobody else is also suggesting this.  Are really other users happy
with this method or they are just keeping quiet or they are not
bothered or user base of Horde has decreased so much !!!!

Regards,

Anant Athavale.
message.