[imp] IMP Administration

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:33:13 UTC 2012

On 23 July 2012 14:22, David Goldfield <dgoldfield at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply. Is there a web interface to administer the IMP
> application?
>
> If so, what is the default URL?
>
> Does IMP use the root account on the server?

Please keep replies on-list (i.e. reply all) and please don't top-post.

There is an administration section.  You will only have access to this
if you log in as the administrator or have administration rights
attached to your user.  I don't have the URL handy (and it will in
part depend on how the server was setup - so the easiest way to access
it is from the side-bar menu.  But as I say, you'll only see that
option if you're an administrator.

IMP should not run as root - it's a web application.  The webserver
user (www-data on my system) should be sufficient.  Since Horde/IMP is
simply a web interface to real componenets (MTA, MDA, etc) perhaps you
should scrap the current install and start again?

Simon