[imp] IMP Administration

David Goldfield dgoldfield at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:01:44 UTC 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. I am replying all on this so the list
should receive it. Don't know what you mean by top post?

Before I try a re-install of horde and imp, I am going to try to delete the
root password on the server, then set it to another that we know.

Then we are going find the directory in horde that holds user names and
passwords ?

*From Wiki:*
**
*What are the default user name and password for the administrator?*

*There are none. Since Horde supports a broad variety of different
authentication backends and you are free to choose any of them for your
Horde installation, the selected backend decides which are valid login
credentials. And we didn't add an authentication independent backdoor to
Horde, for obvious reasons.
Instead, you can turn any valid and authenticated user into an
administrator by adding his user name to the administrator list in Horde's
configuration. Make sure to use user names exactly like they are used
inside Horde, i.e. with or without a domain name, and considering any user
name hooks that you enabled.*
* How can I get back to the setup screen?*

*You probably locked yourself out as an administrator because you properly
configured an authentication backend for Horde, but forgot to add yourself
as an administrator in the Horde configuration - see the paragraph above.
If you don't want to start from scratch by copying conf.php.dist to
conf.phpagain, you need to change the configuration file
horde/config/conf.php manually. Edit the $conf['auth']['admins'] setting
and add your username, e.g. $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('joe'); or
$conf['auth']['admins']
= array('joe at example.com');. You can add several administrators using a
comma separated list.*

We have access to one user account. So, I edit conf.php to set this user as
'admins' , then restart the web server then this give admin rights to that
user. Then when they log in to IMP, the administration portion should show
up in the browser?

Do you think this will work?

Thank You,