[imp] Inserting an image when composing?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Aug 7 21:58:09 UTC 2012

Quoting Michael Wing <marsfurrycreature at gmail.com>:

> I see the image icon, and it does allow me to insert an image as long as it
> has a corresponding Internet-accessible URL associated with it.  What I
> would like to do is insert it as a CID, and reference that in the email
> instead, so I don't have to copy the image somewhere before attaching it.
>  Ideally, I would just be able to drag-and-drop the image into the body of
> the email like Gmail allows (or ctrl-v paste it).

There is no file upload capability available with ckeditor.  You could
purchase a local license for ckeditor's solution (ckfinder). See:

  http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/Howto/File_Uploader

Drag/Drop is the same issue:

  http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/Howto/Pasting_From_Clipboard

We already have drag/drop of attachments on compose screen for
browsers that support that, at least in IMP 6.

michael