[imp] Patch to allow ctrl-enter and escape

Michael Wing marsfurrycreature at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:23:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Michael Wing <marsfurrycreature at gmail.com>:
>
>  On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Quoting Michael Wing <marsfurrycreature at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>  I asked about this a few weeks back, and just got around to implementing

>>> This has been modified and added to IMP 6.
>>>

>>>   I modified the original patch to allow for Command-Enter on a Mac, by
>> looking for e.metaKey
>>

> We don't do this for any other shortcut.  We should be as consistent as
> possible across platforms.  Is there any reason why CTRL-ENTER is
> unacceptable on a Mac?
>

> michael

Because it's consistent between Mac/Windows platforms that on Mac most
shortcuts are COMMAND based, and on Windows, they're CTRL based.

Here's a list of Apple shortcuts:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343

Here's an example of how Chrome uses the COMMAND key for most of the
shortcuts on Mac:
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165450