[imp] Pre-cache messages to make them load faster?

Michael Wing marsfurrycreature at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:20:53 UTC 2012

Is there a built-in way to pre-cache messages to make them load faster in
dimp?  I've already gone through all the performance settings, have APC
caching enabled, etc.  Ideally what would happen is something like the top
10 unread messages are loaded into cache when the Inbox is opened, so
viewing them would be much quicker.  As it is now, the initial access to
each message takes a few seconds, and then it's quite snappy after that.
 I'd like a way to make it snappy from the beginning.

is this possible?