[imp] backends.php overwritten by "pear upgrade"

wrobel at pardus.de wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Oct 30 14:51:09 UTC 2012

Zitat von Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

> Hi!
>
> I did a "pear upgrade" on my IMP 6.0.0 test machine. Afterwards
> backends.php was overwritten.
>
> AFAIK the config files should be preserved when upgrading -
> should'nt there be a backends.php.dist that ist updated
> automatically and the active copy should'nt be touched?

Look at the header of the file:

<?php
/**
  * This file specifies which mail servers IMP can login to.
  *
  * IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
  * Local overrides MUST be placed in backends.local.php or backends.d/.
  * If the 'vhosts' setting has been enabled in Horde's configuration, you can
  * use backends-servername.php.
..

Any local configuration must be placed in a backends.local.php file.

Cheers,

Gunnar