[imp] Copy Email Address

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 27 23:43:26 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 27 November 2012 17:41, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> It would be really nice if there was a way to click on a recipient
>>> (say in CC) and copy their email address.  Currently, I have to click
>>> reply, copy it and close the window.  In Imp5, this was possible, but
>>> since Imp6, I'm no longer able to copy from the
>>> dropdown/overlay/frame/whatever you want to call it.
>>

>> See http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20121126/027674.html
>
> I don't get what you're trying to tell me.  The new message option
> isn't relevant in this example either.

This would allow you to copy/paste an address after clicking on it in
the mailbox view.  Currently, this is disabled - this thread describes
how it should be relaxed for certain fields.

There is no way to allow clicking on ANY text in a browser and copy to
the clipboard without explicitly doing so via the browser.  This is a
browser safety limitation.  Workarounds (see, e.g., github.com)
include embedding a flash object in the page to allow a one-click
copy.  That is not an acceptable solution.

michael