[imp] imp Digest, Vol 3212, Issue 1

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Nov 28 10:40:00 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

Zitat von imp-request at lists.horde.org:
> Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> During initial Horde5 configuration, I configured IMP "message and spam" to
>>
>> $conf['spam']['spamfolder'] = false;
>> $conf['spam']['email_format'] = 'digest'; // auto-set, not required
>> because no mail is sent
>> $conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;
>>
>> Now when looking at my incoming mail, I see a big "spam" button
>> above the message list, but pressing it does nothing to the message.
>> I have to set
>> $conf['spam']['program'] = '/bin/true';
>> and now when I press "SPAM", I receive a positive feedback message
>> and the message is marked as spam - but still in the INBOX. It takes
>> a list refresh to (visually) remove the message from the INBOX.
>>
>> Is it worth an RFE to assume result code "true" if no specific spam
>> program is set in IMP configuration?
>
> No.  'program' is optional and is ignored if it doesn't exist.
>
> Your original configuration didn't contain a spam action, either
> sending via e-mail or reporting via a program.  That's why nothing
> happened.  You obviously can't mark a message as spam unless some
> system actually processes the spam report.

Yes, but that's totally out of the scope of both Horde and this
discussion: There is a spam action wanted by the user - moving the
message to the declared spam folder. Unless the admin sets
"$conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;", the user won't have any ui
option of marking the message as spam.

Just as some background information: There is an actual technical
system behind this processing these messages, but not on the server
where Horde is run.

Unless you change your mind and follow my proposal, I opt for warning
the admin that you believe the configuration contains an error -
neither email address nor external action set. That way the admin will
notice and can work around this design limit.

Regards,
Jens

--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983