[imp] newbie: How to make proper spam settings

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 28 02:58:22 UTC 2012

Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> During initial Horde5 configuration, I configured IMP "message and spam" to
>
> $conf['spam']['spamfolder'] = false;
> $conf['spam']['email_format'] = 'digest'; // auto-set, not required
> because no mail is sent
> $conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;
>
> Now when looking at my incoming mail, I see a big "spam" button
> above the message list, but pressing it does nothing to the message.
> I have to set
> $conf['spam']['program'] = '/bin/true';
> and now when I press "SPAM", I receive a positive feedback message
> and the message is marked as spam - but still in the INBOX. It takes
> a list refresh to (visually) remove the message from the INBOX.
>
> Is it worth an RFE to assume result code "true" if no specific spam
> program is set in IMP configuration?

No.  'program' is optional and is ignored if it doesn't exist.

Your original configuration didn't contain a spam action, either
sending via e-mail or reporting via a program.  That's why nothing
happened.  You obviously can't mark a message as spam unless some
system actually processes the spam report.

michael