[imp] problem with stripping Attachment from a mail

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 10 20:42:25 UTC 2012

Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> I am sending same problem IMAP server debug log (with debug_raw also
> enabled) off the list in my next mail.  I am not sure, whether this
> could be of any help to you to debug the problem.

As previously explained, your IMAP server is broken.  It **appears**
that it crashed when it tries to select a mailbox immediately after
APPENDing a message to it.  My *guess* is that using the CATENATE
extension is broken on your server.  But I have no way of knowing for
sure.

This is not the kind of issue we can work around at the client side.
It is possible to work around server bugs when they are cause an error
in a discrete command.

In short: fix/update your IMAP server.

michael