[imp] Set flags not working (IMP5 + mailenable)

welliton at infonet.com.br welliton at infonet.com.br
Fri Jan 11 01:55:14 UTC 2013

Hello guys,

I'm trying to setup IMP5 (H4) with a mailenable imap server as backend, but
the setting flag imap command isn't working. Analysing the imap log
generated by IMP, I can see these commands:

---
S: * OK IMAP4rev1 server ready at 01/10/13 22:02:17
C: 1 AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5
S: + PDE3NzIuMTc2NzYwMzA3MUBwdWJsaWNhY2FvMDE+
C: [CRAM-MD5 Response]
S: 1 OK AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5.
C: 2 SELECT INBOX
S: * FLAGS (\Deleted \Seen \Answered \Flagged \Draft $Forwarded)
S: * 7 EXISTS
S: * 0 RECENT
S: * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Deleted \Seen \Answered \Flagged \Draft
$Forwarded)]
S: * OK [UIDNEXT 10]
S: * OK [UIDVALIDITY 705838736] UIDs valid
S: 2 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
C: 3 UID COPY 6 Trash
S: 3 OK UID command completed
C: 4 UID STORE 6 +FLAGS \seen
S: * 4 FETCH (FLAGS (\SEEN) UID 6)
S: 4 OK UID command completed
C: 5 UID SEARCH DELETED NOT UID 6
S: * SEARCH
S: 5 OK SEARCH command completed
C: 6 UID SEARCH ALL
S: * SEARCH 2 3 4 6 7 8 9
S: 6 OK SEARCH command completed
C: 7 EXPUNGE
S: * 7 EXISTS
S: 7 OK EXPUNGE completed
C: 8 UID SEARCH ALL
S: * SEARCH 2 3 4 6 7 8 9
S: 8 OK SEARCH command completed
---

I tried to connect the same mailenable imap server using a different IMP
(v4), inside a Plesk parallels, and it works fine. The commands in the log
were:

---
C:SELECT INBOX
   S: * FLAGS (\Deleted \Seen \Answered \Flagged \Draft $Forwarded)
C:UID STORE 6 +Flags(\SEEN)
   S: UID command completed

---

   Comparing both logs, i could realize that the only difference is that the
flag is in brackets, so I tried open a TELNET session with the mailenable
imap server and the setting flag command only works when the flag is in
brackets. Here are the commands:

---

* OK IMAP4rev1 server ready at 01/10/13 22:38:09
1 ....
1 OK LOGIN completed
2 SELECT INBOX
* FLAGS (\Deleted \Seen \Answered \Flagged \Draft $Forwarded)
* 7 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Deleted \Seen \Answered \Flagged \Draft $Forwarded)]
* OK [UIDNEXT 10]
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 705838736] UIDs valid
2 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
3 UID STORE 10 +FLAGS\SEEN
* 8 FETCH (FLAGS () UID 10) ----------> here doesn't work.
3 OK UID command completed
4 UID STORE 10 +FLAGS (\SEEN)
* 8 FETCH (FLAGS (\SEEN) UID 10) ----------> here works.
4 OK UID command completed
   ---

   I don't know who is right or wrong, but i need to solve this problem.
Could anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks!