[imp] default identity for contact

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Jan 21 10:57:53 UTC 2013

Hi *,

I'm looking for a way to associate a "default identity" with a
specific contact.

Background: As there is no way to edit signatures in IMP, not even a
visual feedback what the sig will be like, I always have to remember
to select the proper identity (with/without signature) when sending to
specific recipients, i.e. the mailing list - and when in a rush, I
often miss to change it.

It'd be nice if I could set a per-recipient "default identity" to use,
so when I select a recipient from my address book, that identity is
pre-selected for me.

I couldn't find that feature - is it worth the effort to create a
feature request or would this be too hard to implement? I believe it
would be helpful in other multi-identity scenarios as well, as it
would help to avoid to use the wrong identity in general.

Regards,
Jens