[imp] Signature

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 21 19:02:35 UTC 2013

Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:

> Well, this is your opinion and other people (including me) may not
> agree with it. I'm not going to argue with you and Jan but current
> signature behavior is extremely non-standard (have you ever seen any
> other e-mail client which was acting like this?) and lot's of our
> customers are very confused.

For the record, this is **NEVER** a valid argument as to features
appearing in an application:

Application Foo does it this way, so that MUST be the way to do it.

This is NEVER a valid argument either:

[Horde Application] used to do it this way, and now it doesn't, and
the users are used to the old way so the new way must be wrong.

For the record, this **MAY** be a valid argument:

[Application Foo does it this way/Horde Application used to do it this
way], and that makes sense as opposed to the new/other way of doing it
because of X, Y, and Z, and X, Y, and Z outweigh the benefits of doing
it the new/other way.

We are not lazy programmers in the Horde project.  We don't add things
unless they make theoretical sense.  As always, you are free to hack
in this feature if you really think users want it.

michael