[imp] Signature

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:29:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:
>
>> As an alternative, I have proposed at least just the *displaying* of the
>> signature (i. e., in another frame or something like that), which does not
>> seem a hard task to accomplish (I mean, pull the signature text from db
>> backend when selecting the identity in the compose window), specially
>> because imp, like horde in general, is *extremely* well designed. But since
>> even that idea was rejected
>

> For the record... this idea wasn't "rejected".  It hasn't been implemented
> yet because 1) I don't have any pressing need for it (meaning it will have
> to be funded/coded by someone else) and 2) no reasonable UI display has yet
> been determined.

Okay, that's totally reasonable.

> For the latter, adding some sort of prominent "View My Signature!" link is
> not desirable.  But somehow adding some sort of popup link mechanism to the

No no, that's not what I had in mind! No links!

I was thinking something like this (compose window):

+--------------------------------+
|                                  |   <-- Fields and email options
|                                  |
+--------------------------------+
|                                  |
|                                  |   <-- Text body
|                                  |
|                                  |  <-- Non-editable displaying signature

The scrolling of text body would not be affected by the underneath
signature frame.

Also, when the user changes the identity, the signature non-editable
frame would be updated.