[imp] Signature

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 21 19:33:04 UTC 2013

Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> As an alternative, I have proposed at least just the *displaying* of
> the signature (i. e., in another frame or something like that),
> which does not seem a hard task to accomplish (I mean, pull the
> signature text from db backend when selecting the identity in the
> compose window), specially because imp, like horde in general, is
> *extremely* well designed. But since even that idea was rejected

For the record... this idea wasn't "rejected".  It hasn't been
implemented yet because 1) I don't have any pressing need for it
(meaning it will have to be funded/coded by someone else) and 2) no
reasonable UI display has yet been determined.

For the latter, adding some sort of prominent "View My Signature!"
link is not desirable.  But somehow adding some sort of popup link
mechanism to the From/Identity line COULD be an option (i.e. popping
up a window displaying basic details about the identity).  That would
be non-intrusive to the current compose screen flow, while allowing
those that want to "double-check" the signature information to be
allowed to do that.

michael