[imp] [horde] line breaks?

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Thu Jan 31 13:57:18 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
> Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> I'll take this back to the list if you want.
>
> Yes... I will move to the list.
>
> [...]
> I don't see this.  When I create a new message from a template (or
> save the unwrapped text as a draft and then resume), I don't see any
> linebreaks.  Which is the expected behavior.  If you are seeing
> linebreaks in resumed text that isn't reply text, then your
> installation is acting differently from mine.

reading your response, I remembered that an earlier test wouldn't
reproduce this behaviour here, either... and then a thought crossed my
mind.

I created two new templates: one containing 20 sequences of "abcde "
per line, another one containing "abcdü" (the last character is
umlaut-u). You already guessed it: the version without umlauts got
reflowed, the second version was left with the line breaks as stored
in IMAP.

> [...]
> This is correct storage.  Text in email messages SHOULD be wrapped
> (data *storage*) at 78 characters.  To do this, we save the message as
> as flowed text (RFC 3676).  Flowed text, however, retains the wrapping
> of the original message data (data *content*).

Something new to learn every day :) That why I love looking into new
things, even if it sometimes comes out embarassing for me :[

> [...]
> The question becomes why your installation is acting differently.  I
> can point you to imp/lib/Compose.php - the _getMessageText() method -
> where we un-flow the data to present to the user in the compose UI.
> You will need to track the code in there to see why the flowed text
> conversion, handled by the Horde_Text_Flowed object, isn't working
> properly on your machine.

Could you please re-test with some umlaut in your template to confirm
my observation?

With regards,

Jens