[imp] Drag and drop

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 5 16:48:36 UTC 2013

Quoting c.bayerlein at bundesarchiv.de:

> Hi Michael,
>
>>> So - is there a different way to move messages to folders in the
>>> dynamic view? Keyboard? I don't want to change to static, though
>>> (dynamic is neater).
>>
>> Not in dynamic view.
> This is sad to read. It's really bad - not only in terms of
> accessibility. Will this feature be implementet in the near future?
> How can post a bug report (for me that's a bug) or feature request?

What do you mean "in terms of accessibility"?  I can't think of anyone
who thinks using a modal drop down list is in any way easier/better
than drag/drop.

If you are talking about screen-reader type of accessibility... you
should know that dynamic view is not (and probably never will be)
optimized/tremendously useful for those users.  But that's why we have
3 other views that should be more appropriate for this kind of
application.  Unless someone is going to start throwing a lot of money
my way to make the dynamic view more accessible, this will never be a
priority for me personally.

>>> What was changed regarding dnd compared the the former version?
>>
>> You can do a 'git diff imp-6.0.2..imp-x.x.x imp' command to see the
>> specific code that changed between any two versions.  But not sure
>> how you can expect to give you a reasonable answer to the question
>> "what code changed between two different major versions of
>> software" besides "pretty much everything".
> Sure. But the problem can be narrowed down to frontend javascript
> code. Can you help here? Our old imp version was 2.21.10.2 on Horde
> 3.3.11

I can't even begin to tell you how many things have changed between
Horde 3 -> Horde 5.

michael