[imp] Drag and drop

c.bayerlein at bundesarchiv.de c.bayerlein at bundesarchiv.de
Tue Feb 5 17:05:05 UTC 2013

> What do you mean "in terms of accessibility"?  I can't think of
> anyone who thinks using a modal drop down list is in any way
> easier/better than drag/drop.
Well, I can: me! :-) Moreover, having more then one way to do stuff is
always good. Plus, Your suggested solution is not neccessarily the
only one.

> If you are talking about screen-reader type of accessibility... you
> should know that dynamic view is not (and probably never will be)
> optimized/tremendously useful for those users.  But that's why we
> have 3 other views that should be more appropriate for this kind of
> application.  Unless someone is going to start throwing a lot of
> money my way to make the dynamic view more accessible, this will
> never be a priority for me personally.
No, I'm *not* talking about screen-readers! I simply can't use a
(hardware) mouse and mostly use keyboard shortcuts. I'm not alone,
there are many motorically impaired people who are in the same
situation. Plus, keyboard shortcuts are always a good thing to have (I
love GMAIL for that!) and in Horde/imp, keyboard support is only
rudamentary implempented.

>>> You can do a 'git diff imp-6.0.2..imp-x.x.x imp' command to see
>>> the specific code that changed between any two versions.  But not
>>> sure how you can expect to give you a reasonable answer to the
>>> question "what code changed between two different major versions
>>> of software" besides "pretty much everything".
>> Sure. But the problem can be narrowed down to frontend javascript
>> code. Can you help here? Our old imp version was 2.21.10.2 on Horde
>> 3.3.11
>
> I can't even begin to tell you how many things have changed between
> Horde 3 -> Horde 5.
Oh, I'm sure, you could. You don't feel like it.

Thanks

Chris