[imp] Emoticons (smilies, smiley) giving cert error

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 19 19:56:50 UTC 2013

Quoting cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

>> Again, whether you are able to load those via your browsers is
>> completely unrelated.
>>
>> You may also try install the http or curl extensions for PHP, those
>> may handle certification failures more gracefully.
>> --
>> Jan Schneider
>> The Horde Project
>> http://www.horde.org/
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> I guess I don't really understand what you meant then by by
> verifying my certificate.  I though using a browser (not on the host
> machine) was doing just that.

But the error message you provided was coming from the PHP server, not
the browser.  So some component of Horde/IMP was trying to access that
URL, and that program could not handle the certificate.

Just because you paid someone to sign a certificate does not mean it
will magically work across all SSL verifying installations - the
particular program verifying the certificate has to have access to the
root CA cert in order to verify.

michael