[imp] Emoticons (smilies, smiley) giving cert error

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Feb 19 20:22:18 UTC 2013

> Quoting cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>>> Again, whether you are able to load those via your browsers is
>>> completely unrelated.
>>>
>>> You may also try install the http or curl extensions for PHP,
>>> those may handle certification failures more gracefully.
>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org/
>>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> I guess I don't really understand what you meant then by by
>> verifying my certificate.  I though using a browser (not on the
>> host machine) was doing just that.
>
> But the error message you provided was coming from the PHP server,
> not the browser.  So some component of Horde/IMP was trying to
> access that URL, and that program could not handle the certificate.
>
> Just because you paid someone to sign a certificate does not mean it
> will magically work across all SSL verifying installations - the
> particular program verifying the certificate has to have access to
> the root CA cert in order to verify.
>
> michael

Hi Michael,

That makes sense.  I guess I just don't know how to verify it via
horde or php.  The interesting thing, however, is that it never gave
me problems before the update (and I did not have those two packages
Jan mentioned installed on the system).  So, maybe the new horde just
handles that sort of thing differently.

In any event, it is working now with those two additional packages
installed.  I'd still be interested in learning how one checks the
validity of his certificate via horde (or php), however, if you care
to share.

Thanks :D

-Chris