[imp] problems configuring with imp6.0.4 on horde5.0.4

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 16:30:15 UTC 2013

Hi Simon
Thanks for the response.
I have already seen most of the pages which come up googling for the error
"HORDE: User is not authorized for imp"
Adding your name did not seem to help.
I can see there are other people with the same problem, but no solution.
The various howtos I did find on the internet all use different dbase
tables from those created by horde 5
In the mysql database created by installing horde 5 I have a table
horde_users and in that are user_uid and user_pass
I just cannot find instructions for configuring postfix and dovecot using
these.

Am I wrong in thinking that somewhere, if I look hard enough, there must be
a howto for dovecot and postfix with a mysql username and using user_uid
and user_pass from horde_users?
Regards
Peter Lawrie

For reference pear list -a gives the undernoted:
Apart from excluding non-stable items,
I seem to be missing the following from the list at
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/29076 - does it matter?

Console_Getargs     1.3.5    stable
Mail                1.2.0    stable
Mail_Mime           1.8.6    stable
Net_DIME            1.0.2    stable
Text_Password       1.1.1    stable
XML_Parser          1.3.4    stable

# pear list -a
Installed packages, channel __uri:
==================================
(no packages installed)

Installed packages, channel doc.php.net:
(no packages installed)

Installed packages, channel pear.horde.org:
Package                   Version State
Horde_ActiveSync          2.1.4   stable
Horde_Alarm               2.0.3   stable
Horde_Argv                2.0.4   stable
Horde_Auth                2.0.3   stable
Horde_Autoloader          2.0.1   stable
Horde_Browser             2.0.3   stable
Horde_Cache               2.0.1   stable
Horde_Cli                 2.0.3   stable
Horde_Compress            2.0.3   stable
Horde_Constraint          2.0.1   stable
Horde_Controller          2.0.1   stable
Horde_Core                2.2.0   stable
Horde_Crypt               2.1.2   stable
Horde_Crypt_Blowfish      1.0.2   stable
Horde_Data                2.0.3   stable
Horde_Date                2.0.3   stable
Horde_Date_Parser         2.0.1   stable
Horde_Db                  2.0.1   stable
Horde_Editor              2.0.3   stable
Horde_ElasticSearch       1.0.1   stable
Horde_Exception           2.0.3   stable
Horde_Feed                2.0.1   stable
Horde_Form                2.0.3   stable
Horde_Group               2.0.1   stable
Horde_History             2.0.1   stable
Horde_Http                2.0.1   stable
Horde_Icalendar           2.0.3   stable
Horde_Image               2.0.3   stable
Horde_Imap_Client         2.6.0   stable
Horde_Imsp                2.0.2   stable
Horde_Injector            2.0.1   stable
Horde_Itip                2.0.4   stable
Horde_Kolab_Format        2.0.2   stable
Horde_Kolab_Server        2.0.1   stable
Horde_Kolab_Session       2.0.1   stable
Horde_Kolab_Storage       2.0.3   stable
Horde_ListHeaders         1.0.1   stable
Horde_Lock                2.0.1   stable
Horde_Log                 2.0.1   stable
Horde_LoginTasks          2.0.2   stable
Horde_Mail                2.0.3   stable
Horde_Memcache            2.0.1   stable
Horde_Mime                2.0.4   stable
Horde_Mime_Viewer         2.0.3   stable
Horde_Nls                 2.0.2   stable
Horde_Notification        2.0.1   stable
Horde_Oauth               2.0.1   stable
Horde_Pdf                 2.0.2   stable
Horde_Perms               2.0.3   stable
Horde_Prefs               2.3.1   stable
Horde_Rdo                 2.0.1   stable
Horde_Role                1.0.1   stable
Horde_Routes              2.0.2   stable
Horde_Rpc                 2.0.3   stable
Horde_Scheduler           2.0.0   stable
Horde_Scribe              2.0.1   stable
Horde_Secret              2.0.2   stable
Horde_Serialize           2.0.1   stable
Horde_Service_Facebook    2.0.2   stable
Horde_Service_Twitter     2.0.1   stable
Horde_Service_Weather     2.0.2   stable
Horde_SessionHandler      2.0.1   stable
Horde_Share               2.0.2   stable
Horde_SpellChecker        2.1.0   stable
Horde_Stream              1.2.0   stable
Horde_Stream_Filter       2.0.1   stable
Horde_Stream_Wrapper      2.0.1   stable
Horde_Support             2.0.3   stable
Horde_SyncMl              2.0.2   stable
Horde_Template            2.0.1   stable
Horde_Text_Diff           2.0.1   stable
Horde_Text_Filter         2.0.5   stable
Horde_Text_Filter_Csstidy 2.0.1   stable
Horde_Text_Flowed         2.0.1   stable
Horde_Thrift              2.0.1   stable
Horde_Timezone            1.0.2   stable
Horde_Token               2.0.3   stable
Horde_Translation         2.0.1   stable
Horde_Tree                2.0.1   stable
Horde_Url                 2.1.0   stable
Horde_Util                2.1.0   stable
Horde_Vfs                 2.0.4   stable
Horde_View                2.0.2   stable
Horde_Xml_Element         2.0.1   stable
Horde_Xml_Wbxml           2.0.1   stable
content                   2.0.2   stable
gollem                    3.0.0   stable
horde                     5.0.4   stable
imp                       6.0.4   stable
ingo                      3.0.3   stable
kronolith                 4.0.4   stable
mnemo                     4.0.3   stable
nag                       4.0.2   stable
timeobjects               2.0.2   stable
turba                     4.0.3   stable

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.7   stable
Auth_SASL        1.0.6   stable
Cache            1.5.6   stable
Console_Color    1.0.3   stable
Console_Getopt   1.3.0   stable
Console_Table    1.1.5   stable
DB               1.7.14  stable
Date             1.4.7   stable
File_Find        1.3.2   stable
File_Fstab       2.0.3   stable
HTTP_Request     1.4.4   stable
MDB2             2.4.1   stable
Net_DNS2         1.2.5   stable
Net_FTP          1.3.7   stable
Net_IMAP         1.1.2   stable
Net_SMTP         1.6.1   stable
Net_Sieve        1.3.2   stable
Net_Socket       1.0.10  stable
Net_URL          1.0.15  stable
PEAR             1.9.4   stable
Services_Weather 1.4.7   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.4   stable
Text_Figlet      1.0.2   stable
Text_Wiki        1.2.1   stable
Text_Wiki_Creole 1.0.2   stable
XML_SVG          1.1.0   stable
XML_Util         1.2.1   stable

Installed packages, channel pecl.php.net:
Package  Version State
APC      3.1.9   stable
LZF      1.6.2   stable
geoip    1.0.8   stable