[imp] Unable to strip Attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Feb 24 21:29:31 UTC 2013

Quoting cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

> Having a little problem here with stripping attachments.  Whenever
> we try to strip an attachment from an email, we get a pop-up that
> says:
>
> "
> 2013-02-24T19:26:45+00:00 ERR: HORDE [imp] IMAP error reported by
> server. Current box is selected READ-ONLY. [pid 14053 on line 387 of
> "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
>
> Now I read a thread in early January dealing with a similar issue in
> which it was stated that horde_imap_client 2.4.2.  I have checked,
> and I have 2.6.0 installed.  Just to be sure, I did a forced
> reinstall of the package, but it didn't help.

This doesn't make much sense because we ALWAYS unselect an open
mailbox before appending the new message.  Sure enough, right at the
top of the _append() method in Horde_Imap_Client_Socket:

         // If the mailbox is currently selected read-only, we need to close
         // because some IMAP implementations won't allow an append.
         $this->close();

You will have to provide an IMAP debug log to be able to investigate further.

michael