[imp] Connect failed: (1045) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 08:32:04 UTC 2013

On 26 Feb 2013 00:12, "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>:
>
>> Hi
>> Just when I thought I was making progress with successful authentication.
>> Since clicking on 'mail' I can't get into horde at all, even after
copying
>> back conf.php.dist.
>> Do I delete all the sql databases, or just delete /var/www/html/horde as
>> well and start again?
>> I've tried pear upgrade but still have the same problem
>> Peter Lawrie
>> Connect failed: (1045) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
>> password: YES)
>

> If I were you, I would ditch your SQL DB all together and see if you can
login.  At a minimum, make sure you are not using SQL to store your session
information.

Peter,

As the least technical person on this list, I can appreciate your
frustration.  Michael's advice is good advice and setting up horde should
be easier than you're making it.

Wipe your /var/www/html/horde and drop your horde db and start again.  Keep
it simple.  Install the groupware package (since I think this will be
easier for you to update and administer) and follow the instructions
exactly.  (You've also been advised to read the prerequisites and
preparation steps and this too is good advice).

Start with a simple configuration and test each change.

What you want to do is is use the imap authentication driver (this way
Dovecot is doing the authentication for you and you don't need to create
users).

Do make sure your email is listed in the admin parameter in the
authentication tab in Horde.

Use *.local.php files when making changes to backends.php etc.

As has been noted elsewhere we can help you, but you need to present your
problem in a way that is useful to us - that means sticking to one thread
(you now have two open, pick one and stick to it) and to post your reply at
the bottom of the email (not the top as Outlook is wont to do).  This will
make it easier for us to follow what you're doing.

Cheers.

Simon