[imp] Connect failed: (1045) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 18:24:26 UTC 2013

Resent - blocked due to size, so removed previous messages:

Sorry Simon, I just clicked reply which just sent it to you instead of the
list,
and I will try 'bottom-posting' - gmail by default does top-posting!

I tried going through your instructions (I do appreciate the assistance)
First of all, I note you have used horde4 at various points, I assume
horde5 or just horde
My installation by default goes to /var/www/htm/horde not /usr/share/horde4
The rhel6 server I am installing on has virtualmin installed for virtual
users (postfix relates to these correctly)
I noted some of the apps were alpha release and referred me to a download
page

Ignoring installed package pear/Net_SMTP
Failed to download pear/Date_Holidays within preferred state "stable",
latest release is version 0.21.8, stability "alpha", use "channel://
pear.php.net/Date_Holidays-0.21.8" to install
Failed to download pear/SOAP within preferred state "stable", latest
release is version 0.13.0, stability "beta", use "channel://
pear.php.net/SOAP-0.13.0" to install
Skipping package "pear/MDB2", already installed as version 2.4.1

Do these matter? they probably don't have a bearing on my problem.

I downloaded GeoLiteCity.dat but skipped the cron job for later.
I was puzzled by chown -R www-data - I don't have such a user, who should
it be, horde has been created with owner root
All the directories have in horde have permissions 755 and I'm running as
root so that should not be an issue.
I changed the owner to apache but it made no difference.

You also specified pecl lzf - where does it go? Not into /etc/php5/apache2
on my system.
I can only find
  /usr/share/pear/share/pear/.
registry/.channel.pecl.php.net/lzf.reg
I created lzf.ini in /etc/php.d - assuming it was correct.

Anyway after that, I'm no further forward, the tabs are still greyed out so
I can't update db schemas
I've clicked and clicked to no avail - only the 'general' is not greyed out
- when I first installed, several weeks ago, I could access them all.
If I hover over any of the tabs I can see the link
https://<server>/horde/admin/config/config.php?app=horde#

Regards