[imp] Archive instead of delete

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Fri Mar 29 20:32:54 UTC 2013

Thank you so much for this information!  It turned out that your
suggestion worked.  On Ubuntu 12.04 with Dovecot, I did...

Add this to /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-imap.conf

   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins acl imap_acl

Add this part to /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-lda.conf

protocol lda {
   # Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global mail_plugins).
   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins acl sieve
}

Added this to /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-acl.conf

plugin {
   acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/global-acls:cache_secs=300
}

Created this directory...

/etc/dovecot/global-acls

Added this file to the directory and the contents..

$ cat Archive
anyone lrwsipk
$

I then setup Horde/IMP to move messages to Archive when deleted.

Thanks again for the hints and getting me on track!!!